Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement FY18
This statement has been published in accordance with Section 54(1) of the Modern Slavery Act 2015. This statement articulates the policies and practices around recognising and preventing human trafficking and slavery in the global supply chain implemented by Watchfinder.co.uk Limited (“Watchfinder”).
This statement has been approved by the Board of Watchfinder.
Watchfinder has a zero tolerance approach to modern slavery and we are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings. We recognise that no supply chain is without risk of modern slavery and it is our responsibility to ensure we understand these risks and work together with our suppliers to mitigate them.
Watchfinder.co.uk Limited is the largest pre-owned watch retailer in the UK and was established in 2002, and located predominately in the South East of England at the heart of the UK's road and rail networks, we specialise in the procurement, servicing and sale of luxury pre-owned watches which we sell on-line and in our specialist boutiques. We purchase stock from the general public, reputable watch dealers and other watch retailers.
Watchfinder employs over 200 members of staff in a number of locations throughout the UK. We recruit our employees from many locations worldwide and employ them in the UK. As part of our commitment to combating modern slavery, we predominantly recruit our workforce internally. Our Human Resources department carry out all necessary checks to ensure that the prospective employees are eligible to work in the UK.
Our Policies and Processes
Watchfinder are committed to maintaining and improving systems and processes in order to eliminate all forms of forced and compulsory labour within our supply chain and our business.
We achieve this through:
- Raising Standards – continuously improving standards of labour provision and to raise labour standards beyond base compliance.
- Promoting Growth – Raising awareness of labour providers’ contribution to supply chain efficiency through effective sourcing and supply of the workforce to purchase, service and sell our stock
- Responsibility to workers – Supporting labour providers and users to meet their legal and ethical responsibilities to the contingent workforce and to treat temporary and full time workers fairly and with respect.
- Sustainable Supply – Facilitating the definition and application of fair pay and charge rates that enable business sustainability and do not foster worker exploitation and tax evasion.
- Proportionate Regulation – Advocating proportionate regulation of labour provision that facilitates fair competition.
- Sector Support – Championing work and careers in UK horological sector through our apprentice scheme.
As part of Watchfinder’s efforts to monitor and reduce the risk of slavery and human trafficking, our HR department has adopted the following measures:
- Monthly checks of the recruitment agency websites to ensure no issues have been raised against our labour suppliers; and
- Annual due diligence checks on our labour suppliers.
As part of our due diligence process into slavery and human trafficking, the supplier process will incorporate a review of the controls undertaken by the supplier. The level of management control required for these will be continually monitored. We ensure that all our suppliers adhere to our ethical standards and anti-slavery policy. We enforce a strict code of compliance and do not tolerate slavery and human trafficking within our supply chains.
Our procedures are designed to:
- Establish and assess areas of potential risk in our business and supply chains;
- Monitor potential risk areas in our business and supply chains;
- Reduce the risk of slavery and human trafficking occurring in our business and supply chains; and
- Provide adequate protection for whistle blowers.
We plan to take further steps to increase our suppliers’ awareness of our policies to ensure our supply chain is compliant.
We adhere to standards of responsible conduct and we train our employees to treat each other with respect in the workplace. We plan to take steps to increase employee awareness and engagement regarding slavery and human trafficking issues.
Approval by Watchfinder.co.uk Limited’s Board of Directors
I certify that the Board of Directors has approved the information contained in the above statement.
Director, on behalf of Watchfinder.co.uk Limited.