A leader in the luxury market is seeking a permanent paralegal/legal executive. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and fast-moving company, dealing with a broad range of commercial work in the high-end industry. You will be based in Maidstone.
Working closely with senior management and external legal providers, you will be required to:
- Review and report on a wide variety of commercial contracts
- Draft and amend commercial contracts
- Deal with document management
- Manage template agreements
- Assist with IP, including expanding our trade mark portfolio and dealing with infringement of our trade marks and other IP rights
- Assist with HR compliance
- Assist with regulatory and other compliance, including DSRs and other consumer law
- Assist with insurance, including ensuring compliance and processing claims
- Assist with dispute resolution
- Liaise with external advisors (legal and insurance)
- Assist all departments as required
- Keep the business updated with legal developments
- Identify and manage legal risks
- Carry out legal research
- Train staff at all levels of the business as required
- Carry out other ad-hoc duties
- A legal background
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The confidence to deal with senior management
- To be a pro-active self starter, organised and capable of using initiative
- A ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to take ownership. You will be happy to undertake some administrative duties (including those related to our insurance policies) and be flexible to undertake a variety of tasks
- Ability to project manage
- To be comfortable working autonomously, as sole legal support. You will need to organise your budget, legal resource subscriptions, working systems, as well as CPD/practicing certificate (if relevant)
The ideal candidate will have completed their LPC and will have commercial contracts experience, whether gained in-house or in private practice.
The ideal candidate will be available to start work as soon as possible.
Salary £20,000 to £30,000 D.O.E
Watchfinder is the biggest pre-owned watch website in the UK, visited by more than 350,000 people every month. The company employs 50 full time staff based in Maidstone and central London. This office based job will be at the company HQ in Maidstone, Kent.
We are currently looking for an experienced sales person to join our existing team. You'll need to be able to demonstrate a successful background in a commercial sales environment. Experience of watches would be an advantage although it's not essential. In the past good employees have come from the property, automotive, and telecommunications sectors.
This is a demanding role within a fast paced, target driven environment. Training will be provided where necessary, you will need to quickly absorb a large volume of technical information and deliver peerless customer service via email, telephone, and in person.
You'll also be required to work on occasion in the London Boutique which is located in The Royal Exchange.
Applicants should submit a CV along with a covering letter detailing your success to date and how your experience has prepared you for this role.
Watchfinder is one of the world's leading pre-owned watch retailers, catering to the needs of over 4.5 million visitors every year both online and in store. With over ten years' experience, Watchfinder continues to innovate and redefine the market for pre-owned watches, tirelessly developing new and exciting ways for customers to buy, sell and interact with pre-owned watches from over fifty different brands. This is a rare opportunity to join a company that is changing the way the industry works, and a great prospect for someone looking for a career in the watch industry. If you are a dedicated, enthusiastic and intuitive person, Watchfinder could well be the company for you.