Win! An England Rugby League shirt signed by the team
To enter, simply choose a game from the dropdown below, then enter your guess for the minute the first try is scored in. You can have one guess per game; additional entries will be discarded. Good luck!
The 2017 Rugby League World Cup is upon us once again. Watch as 16 teams from around the world are pitted against each other for the chance to lift the coveted Paul Barrière Trophy. First held in 1954, the Rugby League World Cup is now on its 15th outing - this time co-hosted by Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea. This is England's chance to show their mettle against the best in the world, including current holders, and 10 times tournament winners, Australia. As an Official Partner of England Rugby League, we'll be cheering the boys on!
Competition for this World Cup is stiffer than ever before, with the big three teams—England, Australia, and New Zealand—faced with an unexpected competitor, Tonga. Thanks to a unique Rugby League rule, a player not selected for a tier one team can play for a tier two team instead, with a number of top-level players choosing to forgo their traditional home team to represent Tonga. This is bad news for teams like Australia and New Zealand especially, as some of their star players have decided to make the switch. While England didn't win the opening game against Australia, the fighting spirit was there and a rematch in the final remains a very real prospect—perhaps this time we can bring the cup home.
As the tournament progresses we’ll be giving away a series of England shirts, signed by the squad. More details to follow.
- The competition to win the "Gift" is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- In the event that there are multiple correct entries for each game, the winner will be selected at random. Each draw will occur one hour prior to kick off for each game that England plays in. There will be one winner per game.
- In the event that there is no successful entry, the winner will be selected at random from those who selected the minute closest to the try being scored.
- The winner of the competition will receive the Gift free of charge, which will be made available for collection at the Watchfinder & Co. City of London Boutique (UK) or our Victoria Quarter, Leeds Boutique (UK) once we have processed the paperwork.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted for each competition and multiple entries using the same information will be treated as void.
- If we cannot contact the selected winner, the entry is ineligible, the winner fails to claim the Gift (including without limitation if the winner cannot collect the prize from the Watchfinder & Co. City of London boutique (UK)) or otherwise fails to provide information that we need in order to make the Gift available, the Gift will be forfeited and an alternative winner selected.
- We do not accept responsibility for entries not accepted due to incomplete or missing data and or failure to meet the terms set out within these terms & conditions.
- The winner acknowledges and accepts that under no circumstances will the winner be permitted to return the Gift for a refund.
- The winner agrees to comply with our reasonable instructions in order to administer the competition.
- The competition is as stated, is non-transferable, no cash alternative will be offered and no change will be given.
- The winner of the competition agrees to participate in such promotional activity and material that we may require for the purposes of administrating the competition.
- We reserve the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw the competition at any time without notice.
- The competition is not available to be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or discount and is subject to availability.
- Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition is open to anyone aged 18 years or over as at the start date of the competition, except employees of Watchfinder.co.uk Limited, anyone else professionally associated with the competition or any member of their households.
- If any term is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that term shall be deleted to the minimum extent required and the validity and enforceability of other provisions shall not be affected.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
- The competition is provided by Watchfinder.co.uk Limited t/as Watchfinder & Co (company number 04524723), whose registered office address is at 37 St Margaret’s Street, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 2TU, and whose trading address is at Invicta House, Pudding Lane, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1NX. All references to ‘our’ and ‘we’ are to Watchfinder.co.uk Limited.